ARIZONA BIG GAME SUPER RAFFLE
JAWS & PAWS RAFFLE
RULES AND PROCEDURES
AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THE RULES: By entering the Jaws & Paws Raffle (the “J&P Raffle”), participants confirm that they are at least twenty-one (21) years of age, are present in Arizona at the time of ticket purchase, and have read, understand, and agree to abide by these Rules (the “Rules”).
The J&P Raffle is conducted by and for the benefit of the Arizona Big Game Super Raffle (the “AZBGSR”), a non-profit 501-c-3 corporation, active and in good standing in the State of Arizona. Its mission is to help fund wildlife habitat enhancement initiatives. The AZBGSR will return one hundred percent (100%) of the net proceeds from the J&P Raffle to the AZ Game & Fish Department.
- Questions – Questions concerning the J&P Raffle or the Rules, or requests for the name(s) of the winner(s), should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries regarding the J&P Raffle, including questions about the Rules, eligibility, the odds of winning, prizes, and ticket pricing, must be submitted to email@example.com prior to the purchase of ticket(s).
- Odds – Each J&P Raffle ticket has an equal chance of being selected as a prize winner. The odds of winning a prize in the J&P Raffle will depend on the total number of tickets purchased by the entry deadline.
- Eligibility – Only natural persons can enter the J&P Raffle or win a prize. J&P Raffle ticket purchasers must be at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of purchase, and no-one under the age of twenty-one (21) at the time the ticket was purchased may win a prize in the J&P Raffle. Only ticket(s) that have been paid for, and have been verified as paid for, are eligible for the J&P Raffle drawing. Ticket purchasers must be physically present in the State of Arizona at the time tickets are purchased, although it is not required that they be Arizona residents. Any ticket purchased from outside Arizona is void and not eligible for any drawing. In the event of an invalid credit card payment, all tickets issued as a result of the invalid payment are void and not eligible for any drawing.
- Prizes – There will be one (1) winner of the J&P Raffle, and the winner will receive one AZ Special Big Game Tag for each of the following species: black bear, mountain lion and javelina. The winner is entitled to hunt for each of these three (3) species anytime during the period August 15, 2022 – August 14, 2023. The Prize includes seven (7) days of guide service provided by Dieringer Outfitters and can be used for any or all of the three (3) species. The winner is responsible for arranging guide service dates with the outfitter. Guide service includes meals & lodging. The Prize does not include gratuities or travel to the hunting location. The Prize is awarded as is, without any representations or warranties. Prize must be accepted as awarded.
- Dates for Entry and Drawing – J&P Raffle tickets may be purchased beginning 8:00 am (Arizona) on September 1, 2021 and ending at 10 pm (Arizona) on November 30, 2021. The winning entry (and a first and second alternate) will be selected at random on December 7, 2021. The winner need not be present.
- Tickets – An unlimited number of tickets for the J&P Raffle will be sold. Tickets are non-refundable. Tickets are sold individually and cost $25 each. Each J&P Raffle ticket may have only a single name, email, phone number, and address listed as the participant. Notifications will only be sent to the listed email. Listed participants are required to notify the AZBGSR if they have a new email, phone number, or mailing address. Prizes can only be claimed by, and are issued, distributed and paid only to, the participant listed on the winning J&P Raffle ticket. Tickets can be purchased via the internet; no other proof of entry, ticket, or document will be created or sent in any other form or fashion. Those purchasing tickets over the internet will be able to print their ticket receipt at the conclusion of their purchase. Ticket receipts will be e-mailed to all ticket purchasers. A hard copy of the ticket receipt is not required to claim a prize. Tickets cannot be purchased with cash, check or money order.
- Drawing – AZBGSR will conduct all raffle drawings. Winning ticket numbers are selected randomly through use of a random number generator.
- Notification of Winner – Within two (2) business days of the drawing, AZBGSR will call and email the winner using the information provided at the time of entry, which will be the only means and manner of notification. To claim the prize, the winner is required to complete a hunter information form for each big game tag species in the drawing and return to the AZBGSR within 30 days of the drawing. If the winner fails to claim the Prize or return the required documentation during the allotted time or if the winner is disqualified, AZBGSR may determine that the first alternate (or the second alternate if necessary and in succession) is the winner and give them notice of the Prize. The winner may be required to give identification, demonstrate proof of entry and/or provide information for any required tax reporting before claiming the Prize.
- Claiming Prize – In order to claim and receive their prize, a potential winner may, at the sole discretion of the AZBGSR, be required to provide identification, to provide proof of eligibility, to contact the AZBGSR, and/or to complete paperwork. A potential winner may be required to complete, execute and return an IRS Form 5754, an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, a prize release form, a selection of prize form and a publicity release in order to claim their prize(s). If a potential winner does not claim the prize within the required period, does not execute and return required documents within the specified time period, is not in compliance with these rules, or is otherwise found to be ineligible, then, at the AZBGSR’s sole discretion, the potential winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and awarded to alternate winners or returned to AZBGSR.
- Taxes – The purchase price of J&P Raffle tickets does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution. Each prize winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments, and like charges associated with their prize and for paying any such amounts. The guide service portion of J&P Raffle winnings valued at $7500 are taxable income and must be reported as such on income tax returns. The winner may be required to complete and return to AZBGSR an IRS Form 5754, W-9 form, W8-BEN, and/or other applicable forms (i.e., Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) before, and as a condition precedent to, receiving the Prize.
- Affiliations – This J&P Raffle is not sponsored or endorsed by, or associated in any way with, any prize provider, third party, retailers, or affiliates. All third-party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Statements – Statements made regarding the J&P Raffle are based on information available to the AZBGSR at the time these rules were first printed.
- Language — The J&P Raffle is conducted in English.
- Miscellaneous – The decisions of the AZBGSR are final with respect to all aspects of this J&P Raffle. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the J&P Raffle is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problems, or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the AZBGSR that may cause the J&P Raffle to be disrupted or corrupted, the AZBGSR may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the J&P Raffle to address the impairment and then resume the J&P Raffle in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these rules; or (b) draw the winner from only the non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The AZBGSR reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, to be tampering with the operation of the J&P Raffle, to be acting in violation of these rules or any applicable laws relating to the J&P Raffle, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. The AZBGSR will resolve all disputes at its sole discretion. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the J&P Raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, AZBGSR reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any failure by AZBGSR and/or the AZBGSR to enforce any provision in these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All times listed in these rules refer to Arizona time.
- Agreement and AZBGSR Discretion – Persons who enter or participate in the J&P Raffle in any fashion must fully comply with these Rules. By entering the J&P Raffle, persons are fully and unconditionally agreeing to these Rules, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the J&P Raffle and its website. Persons entering the J&P Raffle acknowledge and agree that AZBGSR is free to exercise its complete discretion in operation of the J&P Raffle and its website, to make such changes as it sees fit, and to even cancel the J&P Raffle if it deems necessary. AZBGSR reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the J&P Raffle, in whole or in part, due to any fraud, bugs, virus, technical failures, changes in the law, or any other factor beyond AZBGSR’s reasonable control that impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the J&P Raffle, as determined by AZBGSR. If AZBGSR determines, in its sole discretion, that the integrity or viability of the J&P Raffle is compromised, AZBGSR reserves the right to void any entry at issue and/or terminate the relevant portion of the J&P Raffle, including the entire J&P Raffle.
- Entry Conditions and Release – As a condition of entering the J&P Raffle, persons expressly:
(A) Consent to receive information, solicitations, or J&P Raffle materials from AZBGSR via email and/or mail and to publicity if a winner.
(B) Represent and warrant that (s)he agrees to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the AZBGSR, which will be binding and final in all matters relating to the J&P Raffle.
(C) Releases the AZBGSR from all liability, loss or damage or expense arising out of or in connection with participation in the J&P Raffle or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize.
(D) Knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses), and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
(E) Agrees that all claims, disputes, or causes of action arising out of or connected with the J&P Raffle, or the Prize awarded, shall be individually resolved in binding arbitration without resort to any form of class or representative action.
(F) Agrees that all claims, judgments, and awards, if permitted to proceed, will be limited to Person’s actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Disqualification – Use, or attempted use, of any robotic, automated, programmed, mechanical, or other non-manual entry methods will void all entries for that person and will result in disqualification of the person from the J&P Raffle, at AZBGSR’s sole discretion. No copies, facsimiles, or other mechanical or electronic reproductions of entries will be accepted. AZBGSR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant or the winner if the AZBGSR determines in its sole discretion that entries or awarding the Prize to such person might reflect negatively on AZBGSR or compromise the legitimacy of this, or any future, J&P Raffle. Grounds for disqualification and loss of the Prize can include, but are not limited to: (i) an attempt or success in manipulating the entries or results of the J&P Raffle or tampering with the website; (ii) failure to meet all of the eligibility requirements stated in the Rules, (iii) failure to abide by these Rules, or other instructions of AZBGSR, (iv) failure to provide a valid phone number and email at the time of entry, (v) failure to timely respond to notifications or any other request from AZBGSR, (vi) failure to timely provide documentation or complete required documents or arrange for receipt of the Prize, (vii) the provision of false, incomplete and/or misleading information to or about AZBGSR, (viii) the commission of any fraud or deception in connection with any J&P Raffle, use of the Website, and/or relationship with AZBGSR, (ix) acting in an obnoxious, threatening, abusive, or harassing manner, at any time before or during the awarding of the Prize, in whole or in part, (x) the inability of AZBGSR to timely award or otherwise fulfill the Prize, due to circumstances beyond AZBGSR’s reasonable control, including legal restrictions, Acts of God, natural disasters, pandemics/epidemics, terrorism, weather.
WARNING: ANY PERSON WHO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINES, OR ATTEMPTS TO UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE J&P RAFFLE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL AND CIVIL PROSECUTION AND PENALTIES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, AZBGSR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. AZBGSR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERMS OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION.
- Release – As a condition of the J&P Raffle, each person submitting entries or otherwise participating in any fashion agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless AZBGSR and any other person or organization responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting an J&P Raffle and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a person’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the J&P Raffle, acceptance, possession, attendance at, defect in, delivery of, inability to use, use or misuse of Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry.
- Limitations of Liability – The Released Parties are not responsible and will have no obligation or liability resulting from: (i) a person’s entry or attempt to participate in an J&P Raffle, (ii) incorrect or incomplete information, whether caused by a person, technical errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the J&P Raffle, (iii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the J&P Raffle; (v) technical or human error in the administration of the J&P Raffle or the processing of registrations, entries, donations, or the drawing, (vi) entries, Prize claims or Prize notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (vii) persons who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in an J&P Raffle or claiming the Prize, (viii) an inability of the winner to accept the Prize for any reason; (ix) an inability to fulfill or award the Prize due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, pandemics/epidemics, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond AZBGSR’s reasonable control; or (x) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any Prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any Prize or resulting from participating in an J&P Raffle or any J&P Raffle or Prize related activities. If for any reason, a person’s registration or entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, a person’s sole remedy is to submit another entry in the J&P Raffle.
- Consent by Entrants – Entrants consent to receive information, solicitations, and current or future Raffle materials from AZBGSR. They further consent to use by AZBGSR of their information as outlined below in Section 24. They can opt out of solicitations by contacting the AZBGSR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consent to Publicity by the Winner – Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Prize also constitutes the winner’s express agreement and consent for AZBGSR, and those acting under AZBGSR’s authority, to use the winner’s name, city and state of residence, photographs or other likenesses, pictures, portraits, video, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by the winner regarding the Prize, worldwide and in-perpetuity for any and all purposes as determined in AZBGSR’s sole discretion, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of AZBGSR, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, mailings, TV, radio, electronic, cable, emails, social media, websites, or the World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval. The Prize winner agrees to confirm this consent in writing if requested. The winner can object to any item of publicity by contacting the AZBGSR at email@example.com.
- Severability – Each provision in these Rules shall stand separate and independent of every other provision. If an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Rules to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, you acknowledge and agree that the remaining provisions shall remain in effect and the arbitrator or court shall enforce the balance of the provisions to the full extent possible.