The Jaws & Paws Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is conducted by and for the benefit of the Arizona Big Game Super Raffle (the “AZBGSR”), a non-profit 501-c-3 corporation, active and in good standing in the State of Arizona. Its mission is to help fund wildlife habitat enhancement initiatives. The AZBGSR will return one hundred percent (100%) of the net proceeds from the Sweepstakes to the AZ Game & Fish Department.
NOTICE REGARDING DISPUTE RESOLUTION: These rules contain terms that govern how claims between you and the AZBGSR relating to your participation or involvement with the Sweepstakes will be resolved. For example, section 11 below includes an arbitration agreement and waiver of a class action that requires you to submit all claims to arbitration (instead of going to court before a judge and jury) and limits your ability to bring claims only in an individual capacity (and not as part of or on behalf of any a class action or purported collective or representative claim or proceeding).
- Donations: NO DONATION OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A donation or payment will not increase your odds of winning. See section 7 below for additional information.
- Affiliations: This sweepstakes is not sponsored or endorsed by, or associated in any way with Dieringer Outfitters or its retailers or affiliates. Any third-party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Prize and Winners: There will be one (1) winner of the Sweepstakes, and the winner will receive one AZ Special Big Game Tag for each of the following species: black bear, mountain lion and javelina. The winner is entitled to hunt for each of these three (3) species anytime during the period August 15, 2022 – August 14, 2023. The Prize includes seven (7) days of guide service provided by Dieringer Outfitters and can be used for any or all of the three (3) species. The winner is responsible for arranging guide service dates with the outfitter. Guide service includes meals & lodging. The Prize does not include gratuities or travel to the hunting location. The Prize is awarded as is, without any representations or warranties.
- Dates for Entry and Drawing: Sweepstakes entries will be accepted beginning 9 am (MST) on March 1, 2022 and ending at 10 pm (MST) on May 31, 2022 The winning entry (and a first and second alternate) will be selected at random on or about June 7, 2022. The winner need not be present. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning.
- Eligibility: Board members, officers, and employees and their immediate family members (meaning spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of the AZBGSR, and any contractor or other person or vendor that fulfills a role for, or exerts any influence or operational control over, the Sweepstakes, provides a prize, or in any way administers, or has access to, entries or the selection of a winner, are not eligible to win the Prize. Persons must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older to donate, enter, win, or claim the Prize. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable international, federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. In certain jurisdictions, local rules and laws may restrict or prohibit the award of certain prizes or impose additional restrictions or requirements on participation. The Sweepstakes is void in all United States embargoed countries.
- Number and Receipt of Entries: There is no limit on the total number of entries to the Sweepstakes. However, each person may place no more than a TOTAL of four (4) entries regardless of the manner of submission. All entries in excess of this limit will be deemed void. Persons entering will be emailed a receipt to the email address provided; no other proof of entry, ticket, or document will be created or sent in any other form or fashion. Entries are non-transferrable.
- Manner of Entry: Entry can only be made by visiting the website https://arizonabiggamesuperraffle.com/. Persons may select the amount of donation, fill out an online form, provide a telephone number and email address, and donate as indicated at AZBGSR.org to receive entries to the sweepstakes. Donations of $25 receive one (1) entry to the Sweepstakes, donations of $50 receive two (2) entries to the Sweepstakes, donations of $75 receive three (3) entries to the Sweepstakes and donations of $100 receive four (4) entries to the Sweepstakes. Donations are non-refundable. Persons may enter without donating by clicking the link “Enter without Contributing” on the Sweepstakes homepage and following the instructions to fill out the online form and provide complete contact information.
- Notification and Receipt of Prize: Within two (2) business days of the drawing, AZBGSR will call and email the winner using the information provided at the time of entry, which will be the only means and manner of notification. The winner will have ten (10) business days from notification to claim the Prize. The winner must pay the cost, if any, of delivery of the Prize and must arrange for delivery and take possession of the Prize within thirty (30) days of the drawing. If the winner fails to claim the Prize or take delivery during the allotted time or if the winner is disqualified, AZBGSR may determine that the first alternate (or the second alternate if necessary and in succession) is the winner and give them notice of the Prize. The winner may be required to give identification, demonstrate proof of entry and/or provide information for any required tax reporting before claiming the Prize.
- Taxes: Donations may be eligible for a tax credit; consult your tax expert. Keep your emailed receipt as proof of donation. The winner will be responsible for reporting and payment of all taxes, including income tax, associated with receipt of the Prize. The winner may be required to complete and return to AZBGSR an IRS W-9 form, W8-BEN, and/or other applicable forms (i.e., Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) before, and as a condition precedent to, receiving the Prize. Withholding taxes associated with the outfitting portion of this hunt are estimated to be $1,800. and must be paid by the winner within 30 days of winning this prize.
- Contact Information: For any questions or for the name of the winner, please send an email to info@AZBGSR.org.
- Dispute Resolution: Any dispute or claim arising out of, or relating in any way, to the Sweepstakes, participation in it, these Rules, including all issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, entrant rights and obligations, the rights and obligations of the AZBGSR, or the extent of any waiver or release of claims, indemnification, limitations of liability or waiver, shall be settled by binding and unappealable arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association by operation of these Rules in accordance with its Consumer Arbitration Rules and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. ALL ARBITRATION CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OR OTHERWISE ON BEHALF OF OTHERS IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, COLLECTIVE OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
Claims shall be heard by a single arbitrator. The place of arbitration shall be Phoenix, Arizona. The arbitration shall be governed by the laws of the State of Arizona. Each party will, upon written request of the other party, promptly provide the other with copies of all relevant documents. There shall be no other discovery allowed. Hearings will take place pursuant to the standard procedures of the Consumer Arbitration Rules, although the parties can appear in person, by video or telephonically. The standard provisions of the Consumer Arbitration Rules shall apply. Arbitrators will only have the authority to grant relief as otherwise specified in these Rules. Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor an arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration hereunder without the prior written consent of both parties. To the extent damages are awarded, the arbitration award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred. In addition, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover its attorneys’ fees and arbitration costs.
- Agreement and AZBGSR Discretion: Persons who enter or participate in the Sweepstakes in any fashion must fully comply with these Rules. By entering the Sweepstakes, persons are fully and unconditionally agreeing to these Rules, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and its website. Persons entering the Sweepstakes acknowledge and agree that AZBGSR is free to exercise its complete discretion in operation of the Sweepstakes and its website, to make such changes as it sees fit, and to even cancel the Sweepstakes if it deems necessary. AZBGSR reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, due to any fraud, bugs, virus, technical failures, changes in the law, or any other factor beyond AZBGSR’s reasonable control that impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by AZBGSR. If AZBGSR determines, in its sole discretion, that the integrity or viability of the Sweepstakes is compromised, AZBGSR reserves the right to void any entry at issue and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Sweepstakes, including the entire Sweepstakes.
- Entry Conditions and Release: As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, persons expressly:
(A) Consent to receive information, solicitations, or Sweepstakes materials from AZBGSR via email and/or mail and to publicity if a winner as outlined in Sections 17 and 18 below.
(B) Represent and warrant that (s)he agrees to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the AZBGSR, which will be binding and final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
(C) Releases the AZBGSR from all liability, loss or damage or expense arising out of or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize.
(D) Knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses), and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
(E) Agrees that all claims, disputes, or causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or the Prize awarded, shall be individually resolved in binding arbitration, per Section 11, without resort to any form of class or representative action.
(F) Agrees that all claims, judgments, and awards, if permitted to proceed, will be limited to Person’s actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Disqualification: Use, or attempted use, of any robotic, automated, programmed, mechanical, or other non-manual entry methods will void all entries for that person and will result in disqualification of the person from the Sweepstakes, at AZBGSR’s sole discretion. No copies, facsimiles, or other mechanical or electronic reproductions of entries will be accepted. AZBGSR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant or the winner if the AZBGSR determines in its sole discretion that entries or awarding the Prize to such person might reflect negatively on AZBGSR or compromise the legitimacy of this, or any future, Sweepstakes. Grounds for disqualification and loss of the Prize can include, but are not limited to: (i) an attempt or success in manipulating the entries or results of the Sweepstakes or tampering with the website; (ii) failure to meet all of the eligibility requirements stated in the Rules, (iii) failure to abide by these Rules, or other instructions of AZBGSR, (iv) failure to provide a valid phone number and email at the time of entry, (v) failure to timely respond to notifications or any other request from AZBGSR, (vi) failure to timely provide documentation or complete required documents or arrange for receipt of the Prize, (vii) the provision of false, incomplete and/or misleading information to or about AZBGSR, (viii) the commission of any fraud or deception in connection with any Sweepstakes, use of the Website, and/or relationship with AZBGSR, (ix) acting in an obnoxious, threatening, abusive, or harassing manner, at any time before or during the awarding of the Prize, in whole or in part, (x) the inability of AZBGSR to timely award or otherwise fulfill the Prize, due to circumstances beyond AZBGSR’s reasonable control, including legal restrictions, Acts of God, natural disasters, pandemics/epidemics, terrorism, weather.
WARNING: ANY PERSON WHO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINES, OR ATTEMPTS TO UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL AND CIVIL PROSECUTION AND PENALTIES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, AZBGSR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. AZBGSR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERMS OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION.
- Release: As a condition of the Sweepstakes, each person submitting entries or otherwise participating in any fashion agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless AZBGSR and any other person or organization responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting an Sweepstakes and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a person’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance, possession, attendance at, defect in, delivery of, inability to use, use or misuse of Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible and will have no obligation or liability resulting from: (i) a person’s entry or attempt to participate in an Sweepstakes, (ii) incorrect or incomplete information, whether caused by a person, technical errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, (iii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) technical or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of registrations, entries, donations, or the drawing, (vi) entries, Prize claims or Prize notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (vii) persons who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in an Sweepstakes or claiming the Prize, (viii) an inability of the winner to accept the Prize for any reason; (ix) an inability to fulfill or award the Prize due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, pandemics/epidemics, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond AZBGSR’s reasonable control; or (x) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any Prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any Prize or resulting from participating in an Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes or Prize related activities. If for any reason, a person’s registration or entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, a person’s sole remedy is to submit another entry in the Sweepstakes.
- Consent by Entrants: Entrants consent to receive information, solicitations, and current or future sweepstakes materials from AZBGSR. They further consent to use by AZBGSR of their information as outlined below in Section 19. They can opt out of solicitations by contacting the AZBGSR at info@AZBGSR.org.
- Consent to Publicity by the Winner: Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Prize also constitutes the winner’s express agreement and consent for AZBGSR, and those acting under AZBGSR’s authority, to use the winner’s name, city and state of residence, photographs or other likenesses, pictures, portraits, video, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by the winner regarding the Prize, worldwide and in-perpetuity for any and all purposes as determined in AZBGSR’s sole discretion, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of AZBGSR, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, mailings, TV, radio, electronic, cable, emails, social media, websites, or the World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval. The Prize winner agrees to confirm this consent in writing if requested. The winner can object to any item of publicity by contacting the AZBGSR at info@AZBGSR.org.